Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My new blog style



I'm giving the blog thing another go.  This time however,  I will be changing it up a little.  Instead of just talking about my cake projects I will also share my other crafting ventures.

I have been up to so much lately that I feel like sharing some of my recent projects. 

My son Jordan turned 6 in march and his theme was angry birds.  His party was complete with a giant angry bird game,  a make it yourself angry bird pizza station, and of course a great big angry bird cake.  The kids all had a blast throwing the birds around and rebuilding towers.

Another few projects I have been working on recently are a cake that I made for a local auction fundraiser for my churches youth,  a birthday cake for my niece and another birthday cake for my nephew.  I ended up getting to make the My little pony cake twice because a friend of mine loved it so much she asked me to make it for her daughter too.  I also made a "manly" cake for a carpenters birthday.  It was fun to come up with a design that was not your typical flowery cake.

A non cake related project that I just finished is an art display area that I made for my boys room.  I love how it turned out and my boys use it constantly :). I took 4 wooden rounds that got from acmoore and painted the two toned.  Then I stapled a line of twine between two of them in two rows.  I hung clothes pins on them for the boys to use.  I then got dot wall decals (also from acmoore) and decorated the surrounding area.  This was such a simple and fast project but it really brought a lot to their room.  It also gave me a place to hang their art other then the fridge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment