Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween week treat making

So this week I have been hard at work making all sorts of Halloween goodies. Unfortunately I am a total loser and have forgotten to take pictures of them before the parties :( for the first Halloween party I made Zombie cupcakes. They were chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting covered in "dirt" (cookie crumbles) and I made bones, eyes, feet and hands coming out of them with a couple of grave stones and a sign that read "Beware the Zombies". They won first prize in the creepy desserts contest. :) BTW my son won a costume contest that night to for his rocket ship costume yay!! The second treat I made were candy corn lollipops. They were way more work then they were worth. I am not a tempered chocolate expert but I have done by fair share of pouring molds. The problem was that with the three different colors I was constantly reheating the chocolate and then also the difficulty of keeping the lines strait and not bleeding into each other. The overall effect was adorable though and I topped them off with gift tags that I purchased from etsy. I'm so sad I forgot to get pictures! I will ask around and If anyone happened to take a picture of either treat I will make sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment